Situated on southern Mahé’s pristine beachfront, this island oasis promises guests a bespoke Seychellois experience
LXR Hotels & Resorts, Hilton’s (NYSE: HLT) collection of independent luxury properties, recently celebrated the opening of Mango House Seychelles, an intimate and exclusive island oasis promising a captivating, yet refined Seychellois experience on southern Mahé’s unspoiled beachfront.
Stretching along the edge of the Anse Aux Poules Bleues, a sparkling calm bay with shallow clear waters, Mango House provides a convivial retreat where guests can explore Mahé’s breath-taking canvas of sun, sea, and sand all the while enjoying a handcrafted hospitality experience.
Originally built as a family dwelling by celebrated Italian photographer Gian Paolo Barbieri, this idyllic hideaway is nestled amongst the revitalising fragrance of surrounding fruit trees and offers a sense of home in a private and secluded location. All 41 impeccably designed guest rooms, suites, and villas offer unobstructed ocean views, adorned with distinctive natural décor echoing the rugged beauty of the Seychelles.
“We are thrilled to unveil this incredible property, which brings a truly unique guest experience to the shores of Mahé,” said Jochem-Jan Sleiffer, President, Middle East, Africa, and Turkey, Hilton. “Mango House sees the debut of Hilton’s luxury LXR brand to the Seychelles, joining our Hilton and DoubleTree by Hilton properties already welcoming guests, and the Waldorf Astoria and Canopy by Hilton hotels currently under development. The archipelago has long been a sought-after destination by discerning travellers who visit the islands for their vibrant tropical atmosphere and world-class hospitality. From immersive cultural experiences and bespoke service to locally inspired dining concepts, guests will be enamoured by all that Mango House has to offer.”
“Mango House has an abundance of captivating stories to be told and we cannot wait to share them with our guests,” said Feisal Jaffer, global head, LXR Hotels & Resorts. “Developed in harmony with its surroundings, Mango House mirrors the traditions of southern Mahé folklore, with the fascinating Seychellois culture woven into every aspect of the personalised guest experience. This fabulous property is an outstanding addition to our exclusive collection of LXR properties in alluring locations around the world and we look forward to welcoming guests to a magical experience.”
Staying true to the LXR brand, every element of Mango House is connected to its surroundings with a focus on sustainability and supporting local businesses where possible. Guests have the opportunity to explore the turquoise waters of the Anse Aux Poules Bleus bay and its kaleidoscope of flora and fauna through an exciting range of non-motorised water sport activities, such as kayaking and snorkelling. Locally sourced products can be found throughout the property, from the ingredients used in its mouth-watering delicacies to the handcrafted products at its wellness sanctuary, anpe.
Meaning ‘at peace’ in Creole, anpe offers personalised treatments that embrace the power of touch, delivered by skilled therapists in treatment suites overlooking the glittering Indian Ocean for the ultimate relaxation experience. Product ingredients have been carefully selected and blended to harness the power of local plants and natural resources. Together with a well-appointed fitness area, Mango House promises a complete sensory experience, allowing guests to conveniently relax and rejuvenate throughout their stay.
Guests will continue their sensational journeys through five world-class dining venues and bars showcasing distinct Mango House flavours. With locally inspired menus, each concept promises a unique culinary experience:
- Paying homage to the Seychelles’ fiery Creole cuisine, Moutya invites guests to enjoy succulent delicacies grilled over sustainable coconut shell charcoal, smoked, or simply oven-roasted for the ultimate casual beach dining experience.
- ‘Azi’ meaning taste and flavour, and ‘do’ meaning every time, Azido combines freshly caught seafood from local coves with the much-revered discipline of contemporary Japanese culinary art. Indulge in freshly made sushi and robatayaki while enjoying breath-taking views of the Indian ocean.
- At Muse, guests are invited to celebrate Italian photographer Gian Paolo Barbieri oeuvre in an ode to the original owner himself. Enjoy Creole and Mediterranean dining in a relaxing ambiance reminiscent of Barbieri’s work, which he describes as “the perfect balance of polished style and ease.” Expect soulful sharing plates made from market-fresh local ingredients, to be savoured among friends and family in a brasserie-style setting against the backdrop of tropical refinement.
- Exotic cocktails, rums, and gin and tonics infused with ingredients inspired by the rich and diverse heritage of the locals await at Kokoye, Mango House’s Indo-Seychellois bar built on the philosophy of Root, Fruit, and Spice.
- Inspired by the journey of the sun throughout the day, Soley, Mango House’s vibrant poolside bar, invites guests to sip on refreshing, tropical cocktails and savour delectable bento box treats from sunrise to sunset.
Whether looking for spectacular views or pure tranquillity, guests can choose between the main infinity pool and the oval-shaped pool located next to Soley. Meanwhile, those in search for the ultimate family getaway can book an exclusive nestled cluster of 13 guest rooms. Known as Cliff House, the largest villa in the Seychelles comes complete with its own private elevated pool. Parents also need not worry about keeping kids entertained – Mango Pips, a programme specifically created for children, promises to take youngsters on a journey of curiosity, education, and adventure while the grown-ups enjoy curated experiences that will last a lifetime, from sunset yoga sessions and trekking through Mahé’s lush green forests, to traditional rock fishing and canvas painting.
Offering a mesmerising background with luscious flora, glistening blue crystal waters, and powdery white sandy beaches, Mango House is the perfect venue for intimate social events and gatherings. Whether tying the knot, renewing vows, or celebrating a special occasion, a dedicated wedding and events ambassador promises to deliver a tailor-made experience.
Mango House Seychelles, LXR Hotels & Resorts is located at Anse Aux Poules Bleus, Baie Lazare, Mahé, Seychelles. For more information or to make a reservation, visit Hilton.com or call +248 439 7 000. For more information on LXR Hotels & Resorts, please visit https://newsroom.hilton.com/lxr.